Bus from Emeryville to Westfield San Francisco Centre ?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We need to go to SFO (airport) after descending from the Coast Starlight in the Oakland area.

When I enter "SF" in the destination field on the Amtrak booking page, a pull-down menu opens with 5 options. One such option is the above center.

From the little that we have learned about BART, this seems to be the best spot for us to hop on a BART train for the airport.

Yet, after selecting this option Amtrak tells us the following:

Problem Finding Service: We cannot find train service matching your request; please try alternate stations. Learn more about routes, stations and where we can take you in the 'Destinations' section.
[Error ID: 108A]

Anybody know why this is ?

(The other bus stops work just fine!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks !

Well, the other SF options seem to be located NORTH of Market.

The question remains why the AMTRAK page offers Westfield SF Centre as a destination option, and then runs into an error when that option is selected !?

Thanks a million for that link !

Great for newbies like us !

So, of these three stops remaining, which one is the best for BART and then airport ?

Transbay T. Terminal ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Westfield stop is still used for buses meeting the Capitol Corridor, but not the long distance Amtrak trains. Try the SFF (Financial Center) stop. It's immediately adjacent to BART's Embarcadero Station. Most buses make this stop since it's on the way from the Transbay Terminal (SFC) and Fisherman's Wharf (SFW).

Muchas gracias to the both of you !

Thus to Financial District we will go !

What is puzzling me, though, is that in the link that AmtrakBlue gave me only Transbay has the symbol for checked luggage.

But I guess I simply talk to the driver when boarding at Emeryville, right ?

All bags going in to San Francisco from LD trains are brought curbside to the Amtrak connecting buses at Emeryville (or Oakland for train #14). The bus driver(s) will then have you point out your bags after you tell him your stop in the city, and he will tell you which bus to board and the driver for that bus will put your bag in the appropriate compartment of the bus.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

And since the Temporary Transbay Terminal is the only SF stop with Amtrak staff, outbound bags can only be checked from that SF terminal. At the other SF stops, your bags are carried to Emeryville (or Oakland for #11) where you check your bags with staff at those stations.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

Back