Breakfast on Texas Eagle

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N.T.

Train Attendant
Hi; Thinking of taking the T.E. from Chi. to LVW and was wondering if I decide to pay for a roomette, if I'd get breakfast before getting to Longview, TX. Since this is for a family vacations, I'm pondering if the cost for the roomette is worth if it all we get is dinner. Being only one night, wondering if sitting up in coach is O.K. and then just get a roll & coffee or something for breakfast. We'd be getting off in Longview for the connecting Amtrak bus to Galveston, TX (which is another 5 - 6 hour ride), so that might make a difference on the roomette (and breakfast) too.

You should be alright as on time the train leaves Longview at 0828 and the Diner opens at 0630. You may want to get in as soon as possible so you can have a leisurely breakfast and still have time to final pack before stepping off the train.

It is a little unfair between CHI and LVW; two meals southbound but 3 meals northbound. My wife and I have done the round trip twice (actually LVW-MKE-LVW). First time was in a roomette. Second time in a bedroom. I don't think we could survive in coach. But then, the roomette/bedroom price is the same for one or two, so it didn't seem that bad. We're doing it again in October.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back