Boarding at 3 am

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glomor

Train Attendant
My husband and I will be boarding the train in Kansas in the wee hours. We have a Roomette reserved. What can we expect when we board? Will the attendant have the beds already made up or wait until we get on?

My husband and I will be boarding the train in Kansas in the wee hours. We have a Roomette reserved. What can we expect when we board? Will the attendant have the beds already made up or wait until we get on?
Yes, your beds should already be made, and your attendant should greet you and show you your room, as well as address any questions you may have.

Normally they have the bed made for you to go to sleep as soon as you get on and get settled. Consider meeting the train in your robe and jammies and you'll be ready to go!!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The beds should be ready for you.

Every time that I have gotten on in Newton, a conductor opened the door and directed us to our room, as the attendant was already off-duty. The beds were down and ready for sleep (as I have been each time).

We boarded the southbound Coast Starlate at 3am (midnight was the advertised) and were shown to our room by the conductor. Everything was ready for sleep. The very same conductor my traveling companion had a little tiff with on the way there... awkward moment! She was really cool about it though. lol

Rob

Your room should be ready unless it was just vacated. Your specific attendent may be on duty and greet you or another attendent will guide you to your room if your attendent is sleeping. Roometes have minimal walking space when the bed is down so I agree with the others on the issue of attire when boarding.

At that time of the night it might not be your sleeper attendent but possibly the conductor or asst. conductor. I know I upgraded once at 2am and never met the attendent until the next morning because they were sleeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back