Best Freight Railroad

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best Freight Railroad

• NS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CSX

• UP

• BNSF

• CP Rail(US Only)

• CN(US Only)

• VIA(US Only)

• Amtrak

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
capltd29 said:
Amtrak's a freight railroad? I thought they'd pulled out of that business :lol:
Nope we carry freight!!! It's called BAGGAGE!!! :lol: :lol: :D

Let train #98 pull into KTR, SC during the busy holiday travel and you would be amazed at what the twenty or more people traveling are taking with them. It would be easier to pile it all into a roadrailer and tack it on to the rear!!! LOL :blink: :ph34r: :lol: OBS...

Don't forget Yemassee Junction, Amtrak's number one freight station.

I always have to add Greenwood, MS to the list of baggage boarding stations. My favorite trip on the CONO (NOT!) was when eight people boarded 58 and I had to load over 40 pieces of baggage.

When the Conductor went to tell the family that was way too much stuff, they handed them a faxed copy of an actual Amtrak document from a manager in, believe it or not, Havre, MT that they could carry on such stuff for a skiing trip or something to that effect. So much for Amtrak's "strict enforcement" of their worthless baggage policy. :angry: <_< Where did we put the bags, well in the lower-level seating area and the conductor told the passengers that they had to share seats with a more valuable Amtrak customer: baggage. So with that, Amtrak's a freight company that doesn't collect money for the service. :huh:

Didn't realize VIA was pulling freight on their (what 2 miles of) U.S. rail. :lol:

Ugh, who voted YOU PEE?! :lol:

BNSF got my vote. I wish they were all as good, well-structured and organized as the good ole' BNSF.

trainboy325 said:
Don't forget Yemassee Junction, Amtrak's number one freight station.
I always have to add Greenwood, MS to the list of baggage boarding stations. My favorite trip on the CONO (NOT!) was when eight people boarded 58 and I had to load over 40 pieces of baggage.

When the Conductor went to tell the family that was way too much stuff, they handed them a faxed copy of an actual Amtrak document from a manager in, believe it or not, Havre, MT that they could carry on such stuff for a skiing trip or something to that effect. So much for Amtrak's "strict enforcement" of their worthless baggage policy. :angry: <_< Where did we put the bags, well in the lower-level seating area and the conductor told the passengers that they had to share seats with a more valuable Amtrak customer: baggage. So with that, Amtrak's a freight company that doesn't collect money for the service. :huh:
Mr. Henderson,

Uhh Naperville, IL AKA My Local Amtrak Stop would prorably win Number 2 in the Freight Department. I have seen some of the weridest stuff carried here like a Woodended Picture Frame that had to go on the seat, but the best one of all time was a KITCHEN SINK Yes a Sink and they put on a seat. Then one of the finer examples is when the Conductor tried turning away a group of Boy Scouts with 40 Bags but then they tried going into a Baggage Car but then sanity prevailed and they let them put it in the Coach-Bag. Then another kids were climbing on the Baggage Car to get there bags took 30 Minutes to unload on a 1:30 Late Train <_< :angry: oh well I got to talk with some of the crew I know about my Vacation up coming to the Northeast Corridor.

battalion51 said:
Didn't realize VIA was pulling freight on their (what 2 miles of) U.S. rail. :lol:
I didn't even realize VIA had two miles of US rail. Which VIA route enters the US at all? Or are we talking the Maple Leaf, with VIA crews taking the eastbound across the border?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back