bedrooms

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

ks1bigdad

can anyone describe bedroom A, C, and D on train 5900 City of New Orleans. Do they have bathrooms?

Bedroom A is a bit smaller than Bedrooms B, C, D and E. All bedrooms have a sofa and a chair by day and two bunk beds at night. A toilet shower and sink is provided in all. There is a small closet next to the bottom bunk (sofa) and a baggage rack above the easy chair. There is little luggage space so its best to bring aboard only 2 carry on bags, a laptop (if desireable) and check the rest of your baggage. There is enough room for a comfortable overnights rest but its not spacious by any means.

what is the space difference between A and E? im on the sunset limited in E in june i was wandering what exactly the size difference is like where exactly is there more room

what is the space difference between A and E? im on the sunset limited in E in june i was wandering what exactly the size difference is like where exactly is there more room
A is cutoff due to the end of the car. The majority of the AU members don't like A. The majority of the AU members prefer E. Simply because it's the last room. At NTD in DC the room attendant that was on hand in the superliner said that they don't sell A unless it's a sell out. Simply because the riders don't like that it's cut off! :blink:

The last few times I've been on the train they were sold out and was stuck with A. I've come to not dislike it as much as before especially since there seems to be more room between the sink and the bed due to the different arrangement in that room and I can move around the room without too much acrobatics. Given the choice, however, I would rather have something other than A :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back