Any other women actively on this site?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To Starsky - where did you go on your long distance trip?

We flew from Vegas to Arkansas and visited my daughter's relatives for a few days and then hopped on the train at Little Rock. From there we went to Chicago and on the LSL to New York City. After spending a 4 days in NYC, we traveled a regional to Washington DC and hopped on the Capital Limited(?) back to Chicago. They bussed us from Chicago to Kansas City, then the SW Chief to Kingman.

It was fun. We had a sleeper on all the overnight portions of the ride.

Staci

To Starsky, that sounds like it was a fun trip. If we had lots of time sometime, I would like to go across the country and down south and around on a train. Maybe stop somewhere for a few days then move on and so on.

To Starsky, that sounds like it was a fun trip. If we had lots of time sometime, I would like to go across the country and down south and around on a train. Maybe stop somewhere for a few days then move on and so on.
When you get the time, you should definately do it. We did have a good time and it was relaxing when we were on the train Making sure we made the connections was not so fun.

I am hoping that we can go on another trip. Somewhere in the South.

yeah i repond every now and then. I am lsa out of ny.

I was wondering if I am the only woman who posts kind of regularly on this site. Is there any other women or am I alone here?

I am on here reading several times a week. My husband and I took 2 trips last year. Memphis/Chicago/Seattle R/T in June and Little Rock/San Antonio R/T in July.

We will be doing the Mem/Chi/Sea R/T again in June 2010.

I was wondering if I am the only woman who posts kind of regularly on this site. Is there any other women or am I alone here?
Hi,

I resemble that remark! I'm a newbie who will be taking first trip in June, on the CZ from SLC to SAC, then the CS from SAC to OLY with my husband. We'll be there about a week then reverse the trip. I try not to post too much, but I have had a few questions. Also new to using a forum. So hopefully I won't become a pain with my questions. :lol:

Waiting for the whistle

Sunchaser

Hi,

I resemble that remark! ..... So hopefully I won't become a pain with my questions. :lol:

Waiting for the whistle

Sunchaser
Whooo Whooo

Aloha and welcome.

Don't worry about questions ask away, We all we begin something new every day.

I don't have a ton of time to visit this forum, but add me to the list of female posters. I get disinterested with the technical stuff, so I come and go.

I can be added to this list.

First long distance trip was on the EB of St. Paul to Chicago. First over night the SWC to LA from Chicago. Going on the CZ then CS to Portland in March.

Hello!

Add me too to the list of female posters. Haven't been posting too much lately because of some health issues -- including a nasty knee sprain that has me hobbling on a cane for the last week! That is what I get for running down the steps at the train station....But better my knee than my head!

I love this forum and find mostly everyone pretty friendly and helpful. Not really into the technical stuff, I am more in the travel aspect.

I live in the suburbs of Boston, so my daily commute consists of taking the commuter rail and then either a city bus or company bus -- and even the taxi last week when I wouldn't taking the stairs with my cane and knee brace.

I became addicted to Amtrak train travel on my first first-class trip to Chicago with my now-husband, who was just a bf back on that trip. I came to see him in Boston over the holidays and he said why not take the train to Chicago so we hopped on the Lake Shore Limited and away we went. We froze our proverbial buns off in CHI, but had a great time. The staff and food and accommodations were wonderful on the Lake Shore Limited.

Since then, I have been on Lake Shore Limited a few times and the Cardinal a few times, most recently over the last holiday break. I am not a huge fan of the Cardinal, mostly because of the crazy schedule. It would make me a very happy girl if it ran every day -- I would get to see my parents a heck of a lot more if it did. I also take the Northeast corridor trains for work meetings. I have also been on the train to Orlando.

My dream trip is to take the train cross-country. My husband said he might consider this if we can split it up in segments.

I don't know too many other women or people really on here except for EveryDayMatters, so I am hoping to meet more folks at the Boston event.

-- Jackie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back