An Amtrak website frustration

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dakota 400

Engineer
"How An I Doing" page 61 of the National Timetable asks. I accessed the web site so listed. I have two SCAs, one Lounge Car Attendant, a LSA and SA on one train, and an employee at NYP that I would like to compliment. I filled out the form but then could not submit it! The web site kept saying I needed the train number which I had supplied for all of the trains, which the directions indicated that I should do for each segment. I reduced the train number to just one and to still would not submit. I quit.

I will write Mr. Boardman with my comments and compliments.

But, why make it so difficult to compliment the employees who deserve such?

I would guess that the form is set up for one thing at a time, not multiple people on multiple trains.

Input validation is a good thing.

exploits_of_a_mom.png

After posting this, I thought that the problem might well be trying to do this with multiple trains. The Amtrak website is not able to book a multi-city trip, so it stands to reason asking it to do what I was wanting well may have been unreasonable. I am going to try sending my compliments one train at a time. I would prefer to do this rather than calling and speaking with a Customer Service person. They may not be able to accurately record what specific things I want to say about the employees who deserve recognition.

Last year, I filed a compliment for a station agent via website/email and received an acknowledgement (which happens on complaints as well). Based on the response, I'm assuming they would be quick to provide an "atta-boy" to recognize an employee. I hope they followed through because she deserved recognition for her service.

Of course, complaints appear to wind up in the black hole which is why a telephone call is more effective.

After posting this, I thought that the problem might well be trying to do this with multiple trains. The Amtrak website is not able to book a multi-city trip, so it stands to reason asking it to do what I was wanting well may have been unreasonable.
You should check your assumptions again. Maybe amtrack.com cant do it, but amtrak.com certainly can.

Screen Shot 2014-10-30 at 6.48.50 PM.png

I tried repeatedly today to post my compliments and got no where on their web site. Is it me? Is it the web site? I don't know and I don't care at this point.

I have written my letter to Mr. Boardman with my comments and compliments. And, I stated my inability to access the "contactus" part of their web site in order to make my compliments known.

End of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back