Amtrak train #4 (Southwest Chief 5/3) has 5hr+ delay today?!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amtrak really does take good care of their pax. Really, as someone else already recommended -- get a good book to read, a travel pillow, and blanket and just relax and kick back if something happens. I just completed my 20k mile on Sunday and so far the worst thing that's happened is one train missed a connection by 5 hours (8 hours late), but that delay was expected on the California Zephyr (combo track work, flooding, and weather delays -- there was an alert when we left home). Amtrak put us up and gave us cab fare to and from the hotel, and also gave us ample money for meals. So they're more than generous when needed.

Again, I've had a flight delayed when mechanical problem was found on a plane, my husband's been on Greyhound and had to change buses because of a mechanical problem twice. So I'm just saying that any form of transportation can have problems. The odds are Amtrak will get you home without major incident. You may be an hour or two late which is normal, due to freight congestion.

Again, I've had a flight delayed when mechanical problem was found on a plane, my husband's been on Greyhound and had to change buses because of a mechanical problem twice. So I'm just saying that any form of transportation can have problems. The odds are Amtrak will get you home without major incident. You may be an hour or two late which is normal, due to freight congestion.
I've had a flight leave 5 hours late due entirely to *congestion in the skies* over JFK, causing us to miss our connection in London and stay overnight. So, y'know, Amtrak delays don't seem that long to me... it's a much more comfortable environment to be delayed on a train than on a plane on the ground (with no air conditioning, mind you!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back