Amtrak to Congress: We'll restore Pioneer route

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well then you'd have to look at how pro-rail Nevada might be and if there would be possible state sponsorship there. It certainly would avoid WY. where the coldest reception to rail service looks to be.

Well then you'd have to look at how pro-rail Nevada might be and if there would be possible state sponsorship there. It certainly would avoid WY. where the coldest reception to rail service looks to be.
I can't help but wonder if Wyoming would be less bitter about Amtrak if it had Amtrak service. It seems like it's sort of a vicious circle.

Maybe it's been mentioned and I've overlooked it . . . but both Illinois and Wisconsin (to name just two more states) subsidize Amtrak service.
I believe they both subsidize the Hiawatha service. Illinois might subsidize other services as well (in fact, I believe it does).

Oregon and Washington subsidize the Cascades service.

I'm pretty sure California subsidizes the Amtrak California services.

AFAIK from postings in other threads, New York state does not subsidize the Empire State service or any other Amtrak service.

Maybe it's been mentioned and I've overlooked it . . . but both Illinois and Wisconsin (to name just two more states) subsidize Amtrak service.
I believe they both subsidize the Hiawatha service. Illinois might subsidize other services as well (in fact, I believe it does).

Oregon and Washington subsidize the Cascades service.

I'm pretty sure California subsidizes the Amtrak California services.

AFAIK from postings in other threads, New York state does not subsidize the Empire State service or any other Amtrak service.
Illinois does indeed sponsor several other runs, 2 of which remain within the state, one which runs largely within the state but does enter St. Louis, MO.

California sponsors 3 services within that state.

NY does not sponsor the Empire service, but they do pay for the Adirondack. Additionally, they have provided some funding to improve the tracks that the Empire Service uses.

Oklahoma and Texas sponsor the Heartland Flyer. North Carolina sponsors two runs, and Michigan sponsors two runs also. Then we have Maine running the Downeaster, and now of course Virginia just started paying for two runs within that state, one of which just started service and the other run will start in December. Missouri pays for the River Runner, between KC & St. Louis. Finally, Pennsy pays for the Keystones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back