Amtrak Status Maps Archives - Searchable Database

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this desire to see the chart vertical axis reversed, so that delays are on the bottom and early arrivals are above. (Y'know why.)

Some minor updates to the Google Charts section of the Amtrak Status Maps Archive Database...

1) Better labeling of the vertical axis, with increments of 15, 30, or 60 minutes being displayed depending on the range of delays. Before it was Google's automatic labeling.

2) Option to produce a "smoothed" line - this is Google's algorithm so it's not perfect

3) The chart data area is slightly larger and white space near the margins reduced

4) The number of data points on the chart is now indicated (previously it was all results, which included "null" values)

Here is #49's stats arriving into Chicago for the latter half of October:

20141031_49_Arr_CHI.png

As always, this data wouldn't be possible without Amtrak Status Maps!

A recent suggestion asked that I include the average delay to some searches on the Status Maps Archive Database website.

So, now it shows up when searching by "DP Delays" or "AR Delays" on the Train Number/Station page, and also it shows up on the Google Charts page.

For example, here is a chart of Capitol Limited delays arriving into Chicago for the past 7 days:

20141213_29_delays_into_CHI-1.png

Hope you find it useful,

CJ

OK, I think I have it all working for the searches afigg suggested. You can now search with train numbers having wildcards, such as:

Train: 35*

Train: 300-310 searches a range of train numbers

Train: 3,4,5,6,11,14 searches a comma separated list

I hope this works as you wanted? I'm not sure the wildcard is searching exactly the way it should so let me know if I need to check anything.

Have fun!

Chris
Ah, cool. Thanks for adding train number filter options. I think it will be useful to see how a specific train service or group of trains are doing for arrival/departure times. I will post here if I find bugs or glitches in the new train number option.
Today I updated the filter options on the Status Maps Archive Database history search. Now you can do multiple wildcard searches using commas.

For example, if you wanted to find all 1-digit and 2-digit trains arriving at Chicago (the LD trains) you would use a search like this:

20150111_CHI_LD_arrivals_filter.png

The direct URL for this type of search is:

http://juckins.net/amtrak_status/archive/html/history.php?train_num=*%2C**&station=chi&date_start=1%2F10%2F2015&date_end=&sort=schAr&sort_dir=ASC&limit=&co=gt&limit_mins=

Chicago is a good example for this since 2-digit trains at NYP will have some Regionals mixed in.

I've also recently set the website's default search range to 30 days so you don't have to keep typing the date when you first visit the page, and I improved error checking to immediately report a train or station not found in the database (rather than waiting for the search to complete). Trying to keep it fairly easy to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back