Amtrak hits semi in Cal....

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxcar

Lead Service Attendant
Just caught the tail end of news report of Amtrak hitting a truck somewhere in California. Anyone have any details on Where it happened, what train and if there were any injuries to passengers or crew?

Thanks.....BD

Can't find any info in California, but a couple of hours ago one of the Silver trains hit a semi in Palm Beach, FL - no derailment (just a change of engine), no serious injuries; the truck had stopped on the tracks (big suprise there...)

TransAtlantic said:
Can't find any info in California, but a couple of hours ago one of the Silver trains hit a semi in Palm Beach, FL - no derailment (just a change of engine), no serious injuries; the truck had stopped on the tracks (big suprise there...)
Oh...Ok thanks TA...The report I heard said California but they may have their "Palms"( Beach/ Springs) mixed up. B)

When are these trucks gonna learn that they maybe the Big Dog on the roads but are a puny match up for a train? :blink:

BD

We took the SWC out the Winslow on (departing 5/14) and our attendant told us they hit a vehicle at Kingman, AZ on the way to Chicago the day before. Evidently, they were 15 hours late (investigation, had to transport new crew out to the site, etc etc) got about three hours of sleep and then had to head back on #3 (our train) the next day. Of course on our way out, we had a boxcar at the end derail at Somonkauk. They eventually cut the last two boxcars loose and sent us on our way, but it put us four hours behind. I'm hoping to have our report posted this weeekend or next week with the whole story.

Dan

dan72 said:
We took the SWC out the Winslow on (departing 5/14) and our attendant told us they hit a vehicle at Kingman, AZ on the way to Chicago the day before.  Evidently, they were 15 hours late (investigation, had to transport new crew out to the site, etc etc) got about three hours of sleep and then had to head back on #3 (our train) the next day.  Of course on our way out, we had a boxcar at the end derail at Somonkauk.  They eventually cut the last two boxcars loose and sent us on our way, but it put us four hours behind.  I'm hoping to have our report posted this weeekend or next week with the whole story.
Dan
Sounds like a heck of a trip Dan. I look forward to your report...BD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back