amtrak comfort kit?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

christine

Dont know exact name but has anyone used the amtrak bah with blanket and neck pillow in it. is it itchy and is the blow up neck support comfortable. thinking of grabbing one for price. I have been looking at the neck supports in stores and all 17 dollars.

We got one on the EB and it is OK....real cheap, I think seven dollars.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a fan. Mine cost $8 and was worth every penny. The blanket is sufficient but a bit narrow. I did not find it itchy. The neck pillow does a good job and is not plain vinyl or plastic. It has a softer texture. I had a little trouble inflating it due to the one way valve. I found that if you squeeze the neck a little as you are blowing into it, it inflates much easier. all in all, I think it is a good purchase. Add a set of your own ear plugs and you'll be all set. I don't consider these items as single use or disposable. I plan on using mine again when I travel. If nothing else, the ditty bag has the Amtrak logo and is a decent momento of your trip.

thanks I think I am gonna fet them then.. I also thought neck pillow was plastic thanks for saying material is soft.

Amtrak used to sell a non-allergenic travel pillow/blanket combination on the CS, but I think no more. I got one of those several years ago and use it regularly in my travels.

US Air also now sells a neck pillow/blanket/ear plugs/eye shade kit on their longer flights now and I purchased two sets in February. Quite handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

The Japanese store Daiso has travel pillows for $3.00. They are surrounded in cloth and are sold in a wrapped plastic bag. I have slept on them and they are comfortable, although maybe not so for larger people. Worth a shot if you ever see one.

I GOT them and loved it. was comfortable and blanket helped cause train was freezing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back