Amtrak Cascades Wifi

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AC4400

Lead Service Attendant
Since last year, I had problem connecting to Wifi on the old Amtrak Cascades train sets in coach cars. It'll be failed to obtain IP address.

It looks like business class has no problem connecting to Wifi in any of the sets (old/new). I can connect on the new Mt. Bachelor and Mt. Jefferson sets in coach though. Mt. Hood has a mixed experience, but for most of the time, I failed to connect in coach. Not sure about Mt. Adams.

Even if I can connect in business class, connection to corporate VPN times out.

Is there anyone have the same experience?

Strangely, the business class has very good wifi experience.

I usually sit in the bistro/lounge to enjoy the wifi.

Yes, the wifi on the older Talgos is not good. I believe that they are retrofitting it, but I'm not sure when it's supposed to happen.

I took 11/20's train 507 (Mt. Hood) and 11/22's train 508 (Mt. Baker). Both in coach class.

Mt. Hood cannot connect to wifi, but interestingly, Mt. Baker can connect! It's my first time on Mt. Baker in coach for the first time in a year!

The conductor made an announcement that the wifi is working on the train set, but you may lose connection when the train speed reaches certain mph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back