Amtrak #19 Chasin

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AMTRAK-P42

Conductor
Since #19 was running so late yesterday (4 hours) and my classes ended early, I was able to do a little chasing. Here are the photos:

#19 heads through Armour Yard just north of the station:

1146304520041_Copy1_1.jpg

#19 takes the final signal before arriving into Atlanta:

1146779221400_Copy2_2.jpg

Having just departed Atlanta, #19 is forced to hold for 20 minutes just south of the station for clearence...adding to the already 4 hour late train:

1145708564116_Copy3_3.jpg

Finally #19 is on her way south:

1146207727865_Copy_4_4.jpg

Just for your info; #19 arrived NOUPT at 2:15 a.m. and did not depart until 11:19 a.m. as #20~ crew rest and train turnaround time...what a way to run a railroad...

had8ley said:
Just for your info; #19 arrived NOUPT at 2:15 a.m. and did not depart until 11:19 a.m. as #20~ crew rest and train turnaround time...what a way to run a railroad...
Yea, this pattern has been taking place for quite some time now. If you look back a couple of days you will see that this has been the case. The problem is the high volume of traffic south of MEI (meridan, ms) and then these delays cause further crew problems.

Those shots look great man. Seems like it's unusual to see the ponies back to back comin out of WAS, at least that's been my experience.

battalion51 said:
Seems like it's unusual to see the ponies back to back comin out of WAS, at least that's been my experience.
Maybe someone was horsing around in DC. :lol: :D :p

And I do agree with Sean, great shots P42. :)

AMTRAK-P42 said:
Yea, this pattern has been taking place for quite some time now. If you look back a couple of days you will see that this has been the case. The problem is the high volume of traffic south of MEI (meridan, ms) and then these delays cause further crew problems.
Rode #19 two weeks ago and we met eight trains between Meridian and Picayune...the poor A/C was worn out as was his switch key...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back