AGR Shopping Points Posting Time

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm planning to use a large chunk of points from a purchase in January for a trip in May. The AGR site says it takes "up to 60 days" for them to approve and post, but I saw in another thread someone saying it flat out takes 60 days.

Does it always take exactly 60 days from the date of purchase for points to post to your account, or is it indeed "up to" 60 days, meaning it could happen sooner?

Thanks!

Mike

It all depends on when the merchant submits their OK. It may be sooner or it may be later than 60 days. As an example, I have a transaction from 1/3/2014 still pending. I also had a transaction on 12/17/2013 post on 2/12/2014.

As the traveler said, it does depend. For example Drugstore.com is very quick on approving points and they show up on my points account, where Wal-mart.com it is always 60 days before they go from pending to approved and then a day or two before they show up on the points account.

Even the same merchant can have a different posting schedule on different accounts.

For example, it have made purchases on the UA and DL airline malls. :eek: DL posts as soon as the item(s) ship. UA takes the couple of months.

Back