adirondack in april

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ron

has anyone taken the Adirondack train from New York to Montreal in April? How is the scenery? I understand that in the fall the scenery is beautiful, but what about April? Thanks in advance!

-ron

When I lived in Northern NYS, April was very scenic in it's own way. Although it's not the changing leaves scenic like in the fall, in mid to late April the buds on the trees and other plants will be blooming and waking up from their long, LONG winter's nap.

Dave covered the scenery part/as to weather Montreal can still be cold,even have snow And of course the ferry across Lake Champlain will not be running till June if you wanted to do the circle route from NYP-NYP which requires an overbite before taking the Vermonter back!

I live in the Hudson Valley and IMO the ride along the Hudson River is gorgeous no matter what time of year. Likewise, Montreal is great in Spring. I personally haven't ridden the line above Albany so won't comment on that. Just remember to get a seat on the correct side. Leaving NYP you want to be seated on the left, if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back