Adding a person after booking a reservation

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, the open sleeper ticket when associated with the other sleeper reservation 1) allows that second passenger to have meals included in the Dining Car, 2) allows that second passenger access to the sleeping car and 3) is priced possibly lower than just buying a coach ticket. And just a coach ticket will not allow that second passenger to be in the sleeper or to have included meals. (They would need to pay in the Dining Car.)
Yes, but all of that would be the case if he just added the person directly to his sleeper reservation, anyway.
I'm not sure they can "just add" another pax to an existing reservation. They may have to cancel and rebook which could cause the room cost to be more than originally paid.
I share the same concern, I am not sure you can do that after the fact. If you can, that would be the way to go, but I know the "open sleeper" ticket is an option.

In addition to the possibility of a 25% cancellation fee, a new reservation might be subject to higher fares due to changes in availability since the original reservation was made.

It is my impression that an "Open Sleeper" ticket MUST be associated with an existing sleeper reservation. Is this true?
Yes, I am pretty sure only the holder of the original reservation can add it as well.

Also, the open sleeper ticket when associated with the other sleeper reservation 1) allows that second passenger to have meals included in the Dining Car, 2) allows that second passenger access to the sleeping car and 3) is priced possibly lower than just buying a coach ticket. And just a coach ticket will not allow that second passenger to be in the sleeper or to have included meals. (They would need to pay in the Dining Car.)
Yes, but all of that would be the case if he just added the person directly to his sleeper reservation, anyway.
I'm not sure they can "just add" another pax to an existing reservation. They may have to cancel and rebook which could cause the room cost to be more than originally paid.
As I understand it, they can. Whether or not the agent knows how is another story, but I feel like the same issue applies when getting an open sleeper ticket anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back