91/92 long delay HAM/CAM?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil S

OBS Chief
Anyone know what happened? Found nothing in TO, no news stories that I could find. 91 sat for nearly 10 hrs.

A 300 car freight with two diesels stalled, broke several knuckles and everything had to wait until repairs were made and two additional diesels brought in to clear the track before both 91(2) and 92(2) could move. This is from TO.

Thanks and good catch. Even knowing it's on TO, I still don't see it :blink:

Sounds like the coal trains and the looooooong freights CN runs in Canada!!

I thought there was a limit on freight lengths in this country on most Routes excepting coal trains????

What's surprising me about this isn't the 300 car freight train, it's that it had only two engines and no DPU's!

The whole thing is a bit weird IMHO. Very CSX-esque. :)
Yeah, this definitely feels like something that only CSX could pull off. I'm glad to finally know what happened this weekend, though...you can imagine my surprise on arriving at Winter Park and hearing that both 91 and 92 were expected within ten minutes of one another!

At that point, you might as well piggyback the trains in Savannah (let the Star make that extra stop in Jesup) and run them elephant style all the way to Orlando.

DOH. I hadn't had my 2nd cup of coffee yet this morning. I was thinking 91/97. Ooops.
Don't worry. I had just finished my first 12 ounce mug of some good Darjeeling Tea when I came across this one :D But I still thought that CSX could try to do something like that anyway. :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back