# 6 CZ (2/25-27)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluemwa

Train Attendant
So I've been watching the CZ lines on the Amtrak Status map because I'll be taking my trip in less than 2 weeks (Yay!) and noticed this morning that the #6 had disappeared from the map after Omaha. I know it was running really late as of last night because of line repairs near Granby, but it's totally gone today and it couldn't have miraculously reached Chicago when it's not supposed to come in until after 1PM. Does anybody know what happened?

It looks like it still went on the bypass from Omaha to Chicago. BNSF were replacing two sections of the nine sections of bridge across the Missisippi River at Burlington, Iowa. I thought it was supposed to be done yesterday though.

Curious what makes it "look like" it detoured OMA-CHI?

A simple check of Amtrak.com would show that it has already stopped at Creston, Osceola, Ottumwa, and Mount Pleasant, which wouldn't be possible if it was on detour.

Curious what makes it "look like" it detoured OMA-CHI?

A simple check of Amtrak.com would show that it has already stopped at Creston, Osceola, Ottumwa, and Mount Pleasant, which wouldn't be possible if it was on detour.
Because Omaha is the last reported stop on the Amtrak Status Map.

On another thread, from the creator of the status maps:

The trouble was that since the trains are detouring between Omaha and Chicago, I removed all of their times between those two points. That confused the program which draws the maps, and it left 6 off of the west map. I just fixed it. 6 is back again.
Thanks,

John Bobinyec
Though, I still don't see 6 past Omaha.

Wow, Thanks! I never saw the other thread so that answers my question.

Momof5, thanks for the updates. I hope your ride is going well other than being late!

Originally, 6-25 was supposed to detour between Omaha and Chicago. Upon checking, though, Amtrak was recording the times between those two stations. From that I can only infer that it didn't detour. Anyway, I decided to rerun the train in Amtrak Status Maps so that the full set of times would be recorded. The way that's done, is to start the train all over from scratch. That made it look like much of the times vanished. Over time, the program would have caught up and all of the times would have been filled in. However, the train arrived in Chicago, completing its run. This also terminates the program which records the times. All is not lost, however. Overnight a housekeeping program will run and will attempt to fill in all of the missing times.

John Bobinyec

Amtrak Status Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back