Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Following Anniversary Engine #156

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#1 printman2000

printman2000

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,712 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:01 AM

Starting this topic to follow #156. Please report locations and news in this thread.

Edited by printman2000, 18 March 2011 - 11:15 AM.

#2 Tracktwentynine

Tracktwentynine

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:04 AM

Currently leading #48(17) the Lake Shore Limited.

Amtrak: 35,600 miles, 24 routes, 44 states, 2 provinces. First trip 5/2005. Miles in 2014: 10,154.

"My heart is warm with friends I make, And better friends I'll not be knowing; Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take, No matter where it's going."
--Edna St. Vincent Millay, "Travel"

Follow me: Twitter | Flickr | Tumblr | Blogspot | Greater Greater Washington

#3 printman2000

printman2000

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,712 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:08 AM

Posted Image

#4 amtrakwolverine

amtrakwolverine

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,082 posts
  • Interests:trains,music,guitars

Posted 18 March 2011 - 01:52 PM

Posted Image

That's outside of beach grove. Notice the window taped up.
<a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.avsforum....713'>MY</a>hometheater</a>

#5 eagle628

eagle628

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:14 PM

http://www.railpictu...d=357339&nseq=1 <-- At Cleveland. I always forget how lit up the area around the station is. No wonder I always wake up there going west.
"we look to our leaders but the lies they try to feed us/like a knife they try to bleed us and they cut us real slow"-def leppard

#6 battalion51

battalion51

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,114 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 05:27 PM

Seems interesting to me it'd be on the LSL first run out. Since from Boston it pretty much has to go back west on 449. They don't seem to want these units to be captive (which I'm definitely in favor of), and from Boston it either goes on 449, goes captive to Portland, or goes captive to New Haven. Surprised it didn't hit the CL like 145 did...

The Chief
Rail Miles Travelled: 112,496

#7 Ryan

Ryan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,473 posts
  • Interests:a fact checker combined with a ferret

Posted 18 March 2011 - 07:38 PM

I think that they're working to get it to Wilmington - will a P42 fit through New York (I know they can't run it in the tunnels, but will it fit if towed)?
Posted Image

Disclaimer: Any images or links you see in my post may in fact be invasive advertising or even fraudulent phishing attacks silently injected into my post by our spam based hosting service. If anything looks suspicious or inappropriate or you have any doubt whatsoever then do not click any links (particularly those appearing in green and/or with a double underline) or interact with the spam in any way. You may also want to consider using ad-blocking plugins such as Adblock Plus and/or Ghostery)to help reduce the number and severity of advertising scams directed at you.

#8 EB_OBS

EB_OBS

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Interests:Family, PC games, outdoors, and working for Amtrak.

Posted 18 March 2011 - 07:41 PM

http://www.railpictu...d=357339&nseq=1 <-- At Cleveland. I always forget how lit up the area around the station is. No wonder I always wake up there going west.

Very nice pic.

#9 Trogdor

Trogdor

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 07:44 PM

I think that they're working to get it to Wilmington - will a P42 fit through New York (I know they can't run it in the tunnels, but will it fit if towed)?

1) There's no actual law prohibiting diesels into NYP.

2) P42s have the exact same dimensions as the P32ACDM which runs into and out of NYP every day, so, yes it would fit.
Posted Image

#10 Ryan

Ryan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,473 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 08:10 PM

Cool - that's what I thought, but it wasn't sure. If I were a betting man, I'd say that they'll bring it from Albany down through NYP and to Wilmington for the station dedication.
Posted Image

Disclaimer: Any images or links you see in my post may in fact be invasive advertising or even fraudulent phishing attacks silently injected into my post by our spam based hosting service. If anything looks suspicious or inappropriate or you have any doubt whatsoever then do not click any links (particularly those appearing in green and/or with a double underline) or interact with the spam in any way. You may also want to consider using ad-blocking plugins such as Adblock Plus and/or Ghostery)to help reduce the number and severity of advertising scams directed at you.

#11 PerRock

PerRock

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Rail, Auran Trainz, Traveling, Graphic Design

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:49 PM

interesting how it appears that the interior light is on on unit 169.

peter
Given the choice; I fly Amtrak.

http://www.amtraktrainz.com

#12 Green Maned Lion

Green Maned Lion

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,144 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping

Posted 19 March 2011 - 07:37 AM

Obviously a mistake; no engineer would drive at night with the cabin lights so bright.
Travelled: Broadway Limited (1), Lake Shore Limited (6), Capitol Limited (7), Empire Builder (1), Southwest Chief (2), Sunset Limited (1), California Zephyr (3), Coast Starlight (2), Silver Meteor (5), Silver Star (5), Silver Palm (2), Crescent (1), Cardinal (4), Auto Train (4), Pennsylvanian (2), Palmetto (1), Acela Express (1), Empire Service (1), Northeast Regional (11), Keystone Service (1) --- Total Miles: 50,144 --- Total Trains: 61
Most important: Keep it Simple, Stupid!
Posted Image
Dream of love, dream of me, for you are my love. I love you.
Avatar and sig were done by my fiance, Corvidophile.

#13 WhoozOn1st

WhoozOn1st

Engineer

• Honored Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,331 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:06 AM

Handsome paint job, but it'll never look as good on the angles of a P42 as it did on the sweet curves of the covered wagons (Es & Fs). I've heard that old logo called "headless arrow," "pointless arrow" and a chevron, and the current Aceloid one referred to as "three sheets to the wind."

WhoozOn1st

#14 Ryan

Ryan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,473 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:27 AM

It's not a mistake, it's a 10 second exposure, so the light looks a lot brighter than it actually is.
Posted Image

#15 Dutchrailnut

Dutchrailnut

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Interests:Ships, Planes, Trains

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:49 AM

the light is on in second unit, I hope the engineer is in first unit

#156 is heading to Montreal on Maple Leaf today , return tomorrow

Edited by Dutchrailnut, 19 March 2011 - 10:54 AM.

#16 eagle628

eagle628

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:51 AM

Seems interesting to me it'd be on the LSL first run out. Since from Boston it pretty much has to go back west on 449. They don't seem to want these units to be captive (which I'm definitely in favor of), and from Boston it either goes on 449, goes captive to Portland, or goes captive to New Haven. Surprised it didn't hit the CL like 145 did...

I don't think it can get to Boston...Amtrak status maps have shown for ages now a service disruption on 448/449. I expect the track's been damaged somewhere and the train can't get through. We've been having unbelievebly warm temps in the northeast for a week or so now, I'd bet there's been a washout somewhere. My bet is it goes down the Empire Corridor and then the NEC to Wilmington.
"we look to our leaders but the lies they try to feed us/like a knife they try to bleed us and they cut us real slow"-def leppard

#17 Dutchrailnut

Dutchrailnut

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:55 AM

read previous post to yours

#18 Ryan

Ryan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,473 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:22 AM

Really? I couldn't figure out what that was in front of 169! :rolleyes:

So you're saying that the engineer has to drive the train from the locomotive that's in the FRONT???
Posted Image

#19 transit54

transit54

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:27 AM

Do you mean Toronto? Or is it on the Adirondack?

#20 Dutchrailnut

Dutchrailnut

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 01:45 PM

Do you mean Toronto? Or is it on the Adirondack?

its on Adirondack on its way to Montreal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users