Value fare higher than flexible fare

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BCL

Engineer
Just checking out a particular route, and I saw a couple of combinations with thruway buses where the value fare was $2 higher than the flexible fare. It seemed a bit unusual.

I was just looking up a sample fare for Seattle to Roseville, CA. I wanted to find the thruway bus number (3524), but then found that the value fare was $198 while the flexible fare was $196. Didn't make much sense to me.

That doesn't make sense at all!

I thought flexible fares were the highest bucket? :huh: I have seen many times when the value fare was blank but the flexible fare was shown, because only high bucket was available.

Megabus loves to advertise those $1 fares! What they fail to advertise is there is only 1 seat on the entire bus that is $1 - any other seat is much more!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just checking out a particular route, and I saw a couple of combinations with thruway buses where the value fare was $2 higher than the flexible fare. It seemed a bit unusual.
Happens all the time with various fares. I've seen business class cheaper than flexible coach. Roomettes as cheap as coach. Bedrooms cheaper than roomettes.

Not often but it happens. It is always best to use amsnag to find prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back