"Wish me well.....'

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bill Haithcoat

Finally, after a long hot summer of wrecks, budget crises, unrepaired equipment scares, etc my trip begins tomorrow Aug. 24. I leave ATl on the Crescent to New Orleans. Leave New Orleans Sunday afternoon on CIty fo N.O. Get to CHI Monday morning. Leave CHI Monday p.m. on Capitol Limited.Get to DC on Tuesday afternoon. Leave DC Tuesday night on the Crescent back into ATL on Wed a.m. Aug. 28.l Am hoping all goes well, that I get my Superliner sleeper space in spite of wrecks, etc. I will be off this forum after this afternoon for about a week, until the LAbor Day Weekend, since I do not have a computer at home, only at work. Talk to you guys then!!

Bill,

Enjoy your trip. I'll also be gone for the week, its not an Amtrak Trip :( .

Give us all the details you can.

P.S.: Are you going to rejoin?

Viewliner, yes, indeed, I will rejoin and have rejoined....I am not a computer type ....I just didn't properly log in at first...I think I am "legal" now. It takes me longer, to , duhhhh, figure out these things than it does some of you guys.

Bill, that sounds like a great trip. I will be leaving a week from today on my trip on the California Zephyr from Mount Pleasant, Iowa all the way out to the Bay area. I can't wait!

seajay

Bill,

When you get back, you'll have to take some time to explore all of the new features on the board. Like having all of the posts show up with the time orientated for your time zone, bold, Size, color, italics and other neat things.

Alan,

The old board had many if not all of those features, except you had to know the ikoncode. The Time Zone Could be changed. This board is an improvement, as I like being able to reload without having to login after a few times or reading a few posts.

Viewliner,

I know that the old one had those features, in fact I used many of them frequently. :) This one however makes it far simpler for those who are not as computer literate as you or I. That's what I was trying to point out for Bill.

Okay, my mistake :eek: , I agree with you about the simplicity of this board compared to the old one.

By the way getting off topic B) I e-mailed battalion51 and amfleet about the new board.

Viewliner,

Just because it's a new board, why should this one be any different? We were always off topic in the old board. I actually think part of the charm of this forum is that we tend to wander. It may make it a little hard to follow sometimes, but it leads to lots of interesting discussions. :)

I will be gone on a vacation to southern California. I'll be flying to CA and ride Southwest Chief on a return trip. Return trip is Sept. 4 from LAX to ABQ. Got a really cheap ticket (Internet special fare) for $25! :wacko:

If I'm too tired from vacation, hopefully I'll ask conductor if there any standard sleeper available for upgrade.

Have a great time!

It'll take me a while to het used to this board too ;) , but hey as long as we have forums I'm good. I too will take a trip soon, tomorrow to be exact. i'll take P098 up to Winter Park and have lunch with my Grandmother, and come back on P097. It's a four hour layover so we'll have plenty of time to chat, share pictures from my New York trip and her California trip. This'll be my last trip before I go back to school (which where I'm typing this now). By the way I still haven't got around to scanning my pictures from my NY trip, but I'll get them to David on OTOL as soon as I can. So far so good on the board though :D

gswager said:
I will be gone on a vacation to southern California. I'll be flying to CA and ride Southwest Chief on a return trip. Return trip is Sept. 4 from LAX to ABQ. Got a really cheap ticket (Internet special fare) for $25! :wacko:
If I'm too tired from vacation, hopefully I'll ask conductor if there any standard sleeper available for upgrade.

Have a great time!
gswager,

I catch the SW Chief to ABQ, but pick it up in Victorville about 10:00PM. Too bad it's dark when coming over the Cajon Pass. Doesn't make much difference however, most of it burned earlier this summer and resembles the surface of the moon. It is still a fun ride to ABQ. Willaims and Flagstaff are pretty sections.. If we ever get any rain in So. Calif, I expect big problems with mud through the pass. Have a good trip.

Warbonnet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back