Will double points be applied if I registered today but traveled two days ago?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BALtoNYPtraveler

Train Attendant
Darn it - I did not see that there was a double points promotion going on. I am usually fanatical about registering for any discount I might POSSIBLY use. So I only saw the promotion just now and hit the button to register. Am I out of luck because I bought tickets Saturday and used them on the same day? It was a pricey trip, too, since I missed my train and was upcharged to get on the next one.

Bonus topic: I was trying to get the Saturday promotion (does anyone know about that? In the NE corridor?) The agent didn't seem to know much about it but rattled off to me on the phone all the reasons I could not use it, so I paid full last-minute price plus late-for-train extra charge.

Give them a call. I have little doubt others have done the same as you. At worst, they'll say no double points. At best, they'll give you the points.

Great idea, bratkinson. I call them all the time just to ask the time of day (exaggeration) so I don't know why I didn't think to call and bug them about points. I'll do it and report back the answer. Actually, I'll report back when I actually SEE points applied, LOL.

Back