Which is the best Superliner Bedroom on the 29 Capitol Limited?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sleeper 2901 is the farthest from the engines and adjacent to the dining car now used as a sleeper passenger lounge - not 2902 which would actually be closest to the engine next to the transition dorm sleeper and farther from the dining sleeper lounge.  You have to walk through 2901 to get to the dining lounge if you are in 2902.  This is if the sleepers are in the front of the consist. Sometimes they are at the end of the consist and 2902 would be the last car in the consist. Ahead of it would be the 2901 car and then the dining lounge.
I was in the 2900 car a couple of weeks ago and that car was next to the Sleeper Lounge/CCC (it whatever). 

I was in the 2900 car a couple of weeks ago and that car was next to the Sleeper Lounge/CCC (it whatever). 

You are correct. 2900  is the car next to the dining car lounge, Then would be 2901 and 2902. 2902 would only operate if they had three regular sleepers and I've never ridden the Capitol Limited with three sleepers.

Yes...all the above comments make sense. I speak as a monthly regular on the AutoTrain (LOR-to-SFA R/T). On odd months  I go alone (get "A"),  on even months (with the niece) get the 40 car B & C) as it's the closest to the lounge/dining car(s). And yes...I bring rubber door stops, WD-40, my own Pullman Key, duct tape and pizza box-tops for the 90% non-working overhead vents!
Pizza box tops worked great on my long distance trips this past summer! Tks.

Back