What's with DC Metro?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Start of rush hour. 5pm. Trains running 5 minute headways instead of normal 2 minutes. Next train is a 6 car train, not an 8 car train. It's the sardine can express. No wonder Uber is killing Metro. What's happening? Not a normal rush hour.

Metro delay caused me to almost miss my MARC train. Escalator at Union Sta wasn't working. MARC train was at far north end of platform. Almost all the seats were taken. At least we left on time. Hopefully no break downs en route.

It's been a long time since I've had this much hassle.

According to wmata twitter:

Single tracking between Noma and Judiciary due to fire dept activity at Union station. It had been resolved at about the time I entered metro. I was just dealing with residual delays.

Last edited by a moderator:
Start of rush hour. 5pm. Trains running 5 minute headways instead of normal 2 minutes. Next train is a 6 car train, not an 8 car train. It's the sardine can express. No wonder Uber is killing Metro. What's happening? Not a normal rush hour.
WMATA schedules four minute headways only on the Red Line between Grosvenor and Silver Spring during rush hour, with eight minutes on all other lines. Trains usually don't run exactly at these intervals, but a five minute headway for the Red Line is pretty good for Metro these days, actually, especially when there were residual delays.

Back