What's this forum for, anyways?

Discussion in 'Rail Advocacy Forum' started by Ryan, Feb 10, 2014.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

1. Feb 10, 2014 #1

Ryan

Ryan

Ryan

Conductor

Since I made the suggestion for the creation of a forum of this type, I thought that I'd copy over what I hoped to accomplish here from my request thread.

We're already off to a good start with some excellent suggestions from Charlie (and others).

Hopefully this forum will help us get engaged and make our support for passenger rail known!

(if the staff thinks it appropriate, this might make a good thread to "pin" to the top of the forum to give people an idea of what it's here for)

2. Feb 10, 2014 #2

jis

jis

jis

Conductor AU Lifetime Supporter Gathering Team Member

Another use might be to discuss the actions of rail advocacy groups and how to influence them. I have found on occasions that rail advocacy groups sometimes do completely bizarre things. When such happens, e.g. NARP sitting with its thumbs up its you know what without saying anything while Amtrak proceeded to destroy the Broadway Limited/Three Rivers, and let it just happen, we could bring such issues up, discuss it here and possibly take a concerted action to have the advocacy group change their approach, or at least try.