What does your Forum User Name mean?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing all that interesting in my user name. It is my initials and the year I was born. It is the same one I used on several forums.

It's a fusion of the two routes I've taken most frequently: Pere Marquette (my hometown line) and Heartland Flyer (my university's line).

I never posted in this thread! :)

I'm Austruck all over the Internet, since the 1990s, at least. (Been online since about 1987, celebrating thirty years online this year.) I write under my maiden name, which is/was Au (German, not Chinese). I grew up hearing every permutation and joke about the last name "Au" imaginable. Au being the symbol for gold... plus my high school graduating year of '79 (79 being the atomic weight of gold)... plus all the mispronunciations and puns.

We pronounce it as "Aww" instead of "Oww" because it's slightly less likely to get you beat up on the playground. So, "Austruck" = awestruck. :)

And yes, it's nifty that this place is also called AU. :)

I post here under my given name as I have at any railroad related site.
Hello, Mr. Norman. It may be that we met, along with my father, in Chicago not quite seven years ago. Both of my parents are currently doing well and we have plans for a cruise/tour from Vancouver to Alaska this coming September....

Rockymtnchris= To geographically distinguish myself from anyone else with the name "Chris" on a discussion board. As I use Rockymtnchris at a variety of sites, I've become used to getting called both "Rocky" and "Chris" for short, depending on other users' perception of my username. Thus I uploaded the avatar from a local promotion I did for the boxing movie, "Southpaw".

Back when I was knee-high to a grasshopper (early 70's) my grandmother took me on my first overnight trip by train. A mode of transportation she was very familiar with. We had a sleeper room on the Broadway Limited from NYP to CHI. I remember the food on the dining car back then was quite luxurious. For some reason I remember having herring and sour cream as an appetizer at dinner. This journey happened not long after the formation of Amtrak and I recall the train to be quite long and the consist to be a hodgepodge of rail cars acquired from the private railroads who once provided passenger service. I must have walked the entire train at least a couple of times. Oh to be a kid again :)

StormySeas is my cruise critic name. Love looking at the ocean when a storm is coming. Also really like traveling by train to a cruise port.

StormySeas is my cruise critic name. Love looking at the ocean when a storm is coming. Also really like traveling by train to a cruise port.
I've been known as SteamSailor on Cruise Critic and a couple other places where they won't let you use your real name. I steamed the battleship USS Missouri and a couple of oil tankers for Coastal Tankships from 1985-1991.

I've witnessed some pretty cool thunderstorms blow in while vacationing along various beaches here and abroad. Never stuck around for any hurricanes or typhoons though. I'd rather not end up on Darwin's Dumbest Deaths list. :ph34r:

Hello all!

I have 20 years over-the-road hauling freight of all kinds beginning in 1979.

Left for 15 years to pursue a career as a merchant mariner, ended up as a DPO (Dynamic Position Operator) with a 2nd Mate unlimited Oceans and 1600-ton Master, all oceans on a drillship in Brasil, Holland and the Canary Islands as well as the Gulf of Mexico.

Have since gotten back to trucking albeit on a smaller scale with my 1-ton dually and 48-foot car carrier. Started a business called 3rd Millennium Express and haul cars and trucks throughout the 48 states.

20170627_181650.jpg

I was called ''mushroom monster'' when I was 15 because of my love for mushrooms. Since then, I always use this cute nickname with an abbreviation (mush-room)
default_smile.png

As a kid, my model railroad was “ Jim Railroad” so JRR!

(Sorry 3 track Lionel fans, I was American Flyer!).

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

Back