What does your Forum User Name mean?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you read all my postings to date you'll find some clues, but I'm not to share just yet.

Peter - my first name

K - my last initial

SFO - the airport code for San Francisco - where i used to live and worked (at the airport) and still feels like home

Paperwing is a handle I've had for a very long time. I believe I picked it up from lyrics to a Norah Jones(??) song and Rise Against more recently, Not sure on that. At the time I had so very little self-worth, I would let others whittle away at me, clip holes, make tears, and destroy my wings when I kept trying to fly high. I would patch up the tears with a little tape and glue and as I got a little smidgen of bravery I would try again. The cycle has continued numerous times, but as I've gotten stronger and learned I'm actually quite okay, repairs are now done with duct tape (in pretty brought colors of course). So now when those around that try to take a shot at me, or hang on tight so I don't progress beyond them, causing a tear in my wing, I can patch and go in spite of it. Perhaps I should start diamond plating the tears when repairing!! Haha Can you tell what environment I work? Large law firm with a very strong political ties.

Aloha Paperwing

Those of us that make there career in theater have long known that the world is held together with Gaff tape ( A Higher quality Duck tape). Now in this group all we are concerned with is all the foaming we do is getting on the train window blurring our views.

Aloha Paperwing

Those of us that make there career in theater have long known that the world is held together with Gaff tape ( A Higher quality Duck tape). Now in this group all we are concerned with is all the foaming we do is getting on the train window blurring our views.
Gaff tape is the best!! I've only worked theatre in high school and community theatre in college and had forgotten about the wonders of Gaff tape. Bravo for the reminder. Now if it would come in pink, that would be perfection! Ha.

Aloha Paperwing

Gaff tape is the best!! I've only worked theatre in high school and community theatre in college and had forgotten about the wonders of Gaff tape. Bravo for the reminder. Now if it would come in pink, that would be perfection! Ha.
Would purple do?

41ZyXq2tE-L._SY450_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Gaffers-Tape-widths-colors-available/dp/B001LQNUT0

When I came here to ask a question I chose the incredibly unimaginative name train_traveler, like no one here would ever think of using that. Hey I just came here to ask a question, okay? I got hooked. I didn't know there were so many people who feel like I do about trains. I'm switching to iggle-traveler to represent the train I ride most often, Texas Eagle. "Iggle" is what my brother and his Eagle Scout friends used for Eagle.

When I came here to ask a question I chose the incredibly unimaginative name train_traveler, like no one here would ever think of using that. Hey I just came here to ask a question, okay? I got hooked. I didn't know there were so many people who feel like I do about trains. I'm switching to iggle-traveler to represent the train I ride most often, Texas Eagle. "Iggle" is what my brother and his Eagle Scout friends used for Eagle.
Welcome! It's a great place to be. You've probably seen Jim on the TE any number of times. I think he lives on it. :giggle:

Northeastern was the name of an airline concept I had back in middle school, and I happen to like the number 292. My username is nearly universal across the Internet (Facebook, YouTube, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest, etc).

LOL! He has a lot of advice for me and I appreciate it. Since I don't live anywhere near an Amtrak station I don't get to ride anywhere near as much as I want to - so I really appreciate the knowledge I've found here. And the helpfulness! Lots of that here!

Aloha Paperwing

Pink, No Problem, I seem to remember there are 48 different colors. Went and got a link to a Pro source. http://www.protapes.com/Catalog/Items/ProGaff.aspx Did not count but the stock less than 48, but they do include FL Pink. among their choices.

Aloha

Last edited by a moderator:
I rescue dogs. While I'm not as active as I used to be, I still have three living with me and another 15 I pay to be boarded.

Two of my babies have passed away in the past two months.

When my former wife and I lived in the Texas Hill Country, we rescued everything the local Humane Society sent our way: dogs, cats, goats, horses, cows, mini horses, etc.

Sent from my iPad Air using Amtrak Forum

Peter - my first name

K - my last initial

SFO - the airport code for San Francisco - where i used to live and worked (at the airport) and still feels like home
Or you could just say it's your first name and airport code, since KSFO is the San Fran ICAO designator.
The airport I used to work at is in my username also. HRT then, now ORD.

Hello. My forum name NYP2NFL01 represents the first time I traveled from New York Penn Station to Niagara Falls, NY in 2001. I really love this forum. I didn't know it existed until just a month ago.

Back