Washington Union Station WiFi

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone please explain why Amtrak Connect wifi does not work in the main gate area of one of their busiest stations. I've been having trouble with it all week, and for some reason the Amtrak app claims they can't connect to "the network" when I try to use it even with a strong 5G connection where all my other internet works fine.

Fortunately, I was able
to wander over to the ticketing area and Main Hall where I connection to "Union Station Free WiFi" a d so was able to buy my tickets. Wifi in Union Station has been hinky for some months even while I was still working. So what's going on?

I believe that "Amtrak Connect" is the network from the actual railcars/trains. I've noticed that when going over the H Street bridge over the yards I can pick up some of the wifi signals from the trains, but can't actually connect properly. Inside Union Station your best bet is to keep using or looking for "Union Station Free Wifi".

Back