VIP Tour of the Boeing Everett Plant

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as I can tell Emirates is single handedly keeping the A380 alive. If they had not placed the recent follow on order, the A380 would have seen its production terminated. Somehow the notion of a 380 freighter appears to not have caught anyone's fancy that much either.

BTW, it is rumored that Boeing will reveal its new mid-range offering to replace high end 737s, 757s, and low end 767s, below what 787s can effectively address, at Farnborough Air Show in 2019.
That’s rumored to be the 797, right?

This! The 727 is in my opinion the prettiest airplane Boeing ever built. There’s just something about that particular fuselage and having that engine in the tail - it’s an absolutely stunning plane. It’s a shame I think I’ve only seen one in person in my entire life.
Interestingly, you can actually buy an early model 727 for as low as $600K. It might require some maintenance and refurbishment, but still, that’s not that far above what many PVs go fort.
Plus, you can always jump out the back door of it with a briefcase full of money!

DBC

There are still about 40 in the air, just about all as freighters.  UPS, DHL, FedEx had large numbers of them, Some 100s were re engined w/RR Tays which alowed them to meet tighter noise regs that the original P&W couldn't meet.. The ventral stair was modified so it wouldn't lower in flight after that legendary case.....

Back