Vintage Safety Manual

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PetalumaLoco

Conductor
From "It's Great to be Alive!" safety manual.

I saw this page and just cracked up at the artwork and wording of the warning.

49-520x660.jpg

The entire manual is here .

Scan down further until you find the one about hiding in a pile of leaves, also a groaner.

Being killed instantly while thinking of your favorite pastime doesn't sound so bad. They should have said that a heavily disfigured Chuck somehow survived the gory mangling and was forever stuck in an outwardly vegetative state while his fully alert mind was left to rot in an emotional vacuum. Being fully conscious but unable to control your own body or communicate with the outside world would seem far worse to me than any sort of instant death.

I think they ran out of random injuries they could depict in there.

On the bike hitting the old guy, I'm actually left wondering just whose fault that one was (since someone on a bike really can go fast).

For a publication aimed at schoolkids, the writing is wildly inconsistent and uniformly bad. Perhaps somebody adapted the booklet from an educational film written and directed by Ed Wood.

Scan down further until you find the one about hiding in a pile of leaves, also a groaner.
166-520x587.jpg

I'll keep that in mind!

It's best if we get rid of garbage trucks and replace them with garbage trains!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back