Viewliner side for the Hudson

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
. . . look at a few of the thousands Lake Shore vids on YouTube . . .
Thousands?  When searching YouTube for "Lake Shore Limited" it displays only about 616 videos - many of which don't appear to have anything to do with the LSL or any other train.  Another example of exaggeration. 

Please use some prudence when posting stuff on the interweb - it can come back to haunt you. 

"Always" is just not true, since I have been on 49 and 48 several times when this was not the case. Please stop making general statements like that about the situation based on nothing. It is true that it is supposed to be the way you state but it is not "always" that way in reality.  I have even been on it when the Diner was backwards, i.e. the Dining Room end faced the Coach, not the Sleeper.

And I believe the first New York Sleeper is 4911. 4920 is the Boston Sleeper which is nowhere near the Diner, and usually does not operate along the Hudson at all, so which is the Hudson side is moot for that car. :ph34r:

Thirdrail's characterization "Amtrak certain" is about as far as one can go. :lol:
I'm in 4912, in an even now, but it sounds like it could be 50-50. I'll just have to wait and see!

. . . look at a few of the thousands Lake Shore vids on YouTube . . .
Thousands?  When searching YouTube for "Lake Shore Limited" it displays only about 616 videos - many of which don't appear to have anything to do with the LSL or any other train.  Another example of exaggeration. 

Please use some prudence when posting stuff on the interweb - it can come back to haunt you. 
That’s just if you search “Lake Shore Limited”. Search for “Amtrak 48”, “Amtrak 49”, or “Railfanning at [some Empire Corridor station]” and you will fine WAY more.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can agree with "almost always".  But previously you did say "always" (missing the "almost"). That is what I was complaining about. Thank you for now making a more accurate statement and correcting your earlier error.
Fair enough. My intended point was that the goal is always to have it oriented with the bedrooms first, but obviously that’s not what I wrote. Apologies for yet another example of crap wording. :blush:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to be on the LSL round-trip to Rochester next week (#49 on the 19th and #48 on the 21st), and made sure to get an even Roomette there and odd Roomette back. Fingers crossed that we're oriented the right way...

Back