Video of BNSF train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stntylr

OBS Chief
I made it to the Temple Railroad and Heritage Museum Train Day. They had a special BNSF train taking people out on excurions to Cameron, Texas and back. The total trip was about 2 1/2 hours long.

I didn't ride the train but I did get some video of it.

I made it to the Temple Railroad and Heritage Museum Train Day. They had a special BNSF train taking people out on excurions to Cameron, Texas and back. The total trip was about 2 1/2 hours long.

I didn't ride the train but I did get some video of it.

:hi: Great job Stan, Thanks! Dax and I rode the Very Crowded 1PM Run in Coach, the Trip to Cameron was rare mileage, Sorry We Missed You and You Didn't Get to Ride!! The Eagles ran On Time in both Directions, Big Crowd,very Diverse! Really enjoyed the Day!

We were Sorry the First Class (Diner/Sleeper Lounge Cars) were SOLD OUT, the Galley even had Three Chefs Working and Refreshments and Snacks were served in the Really Luxurious Lounge and Diner! No Dome but the Coaches had sort of a Superliner Sightseer Look with Big Windows, Two Levels and they Looked New! Hope to Ride this Jewel Again,BNSF does a Great Job with this Special! :) :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Temple's anniversary run was a fun and interesting excursion just before the main event on the way to NTD. It seemed a bit busier when we were walking around before the first trip with folks having lunch and the band playing in the gazebo and the like. Like Jim I wish we could have found out early enough to get the really fancy seats for just a few more bucks, but I guess it's just another excuse to track this train down again for another trip in the future. Oh, and also another visit to Temple whenever they get around to reopening those stationary passenger cars again. Hopefully they will have enough money left over from their event to start refurbishing some one of their cars or maybe a locomotive. Temple was a friendly place with just enough stuff to tide you over between rides on the Texas Eagle. I'd recommend any area rail fans give it a try the next time they're looking for ways to fill a lazy Saturday.

*Two Thumbs Up* :cool:

I was there looking for you guys. I was even wearing my Amtrak polo shirt.

Temple has a long rail tradition and the city still supports it. There are plenty of large cities that could use a train station like Temple's.

I got the following email concerning my video....

Dear Stan,

Thanks for posting your video on You Tube. What a wonderful fan!

~~Cynthia R Coyle, Museum Coordinator (Gift Shop)

Next time you come by, please introduce yourself.

Again, thanks.

If I had known anybody would actually watch my video I would have made it better.

I have an idea for another special train ride Saturday night.

I've been watching an unhealthy amount of Top Gear road trips so who knows what my video will be like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back