Vehicle size

• Thread starter Peter G. Kelley
  • Start date
Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Peter G. Kelley

Wanted to know if Autotrain can accomadate my Dodge Ram 350 DUALY Truck?

I'm not real sure, but the best way to find out is to call the Auto Train staff directly at 1-877-754-7495. The staff that answer that number are specially trained to deal with Auto Train questions, unlike those at Amtrak's general phone number.

I agree to call Amtrak. Be sure to have the overall dimensions of your truck (height, width, length). Of particular importance is the overall width. The limit for the Auto Train is 84 inches. The dual rear wheels add to the overall width of what is already a pretty big truck, so that could be a problem.

I agree to call Amtrak. Be sure to have the overall dimensions of your truck (height, width, length). Of particular importance is the overall width. The limit for the Auto Train is 84 inches. The dual rear wheels add to the overall width of what is already a pretty big truck, so that could be a problem.
Amtrak actually has two different measurements for the width of the vehicle. The 84 inches is the maximum overall size for the body, since the worker needs some room to open the door and get out of the vehicle after driving it into the carrier. Therefore the wheels might still be OK, since that would not affect the ability to open the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back