UP 4014 2019

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any public excursions over the portions between Little Rock, Kansas City, and Denver? Those would be 'rare mileage' for me....:)

Tickets nonrefundable, nontransferable, and nonexchangeable. Train equipment, amenities, fares, itinerary subject to change.
I don't mind paying for a rare opportunity but the combination of thousand dollar tickets with rules this lopsided turns me off. Might be fun to watch it pass through a small rural town or see it up close and personal during one of the larger city visits. Thanks for the info - I've marked it on my calendar.

This is only excursion currently on the books. You can register at the UP site for emailed updates.

I plan on chasing it, not riding it. You can't see the best parts from the train anyway. This is a huge locomotive, and articulated. The front section swings out on curves. Here is a drone video:

It is more dramatic on sharp curves at low speeds, like when they were pushing it out of the fairgrounds in Pomona where it had been since I was a child.

Back