Union Pacific Executive Train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lthanlon

OBS Chief
Anybody know what the UPRR Executive Train was doing in Chicago on Friday, June 8? Not seen here, but there were two locomotives at the lead. One was a fairly new UP with a flag on its side, the other an older C&NW unit at the front.

Union Pacific Executive Train by chi_cowboy, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody know what the UPRR Executive Train was doing in Chicago on Friday, June 8? Not seen here, but there were two locomotives at the lead. One was a fairly new UP with a flag on its side, the other an older C&NW unit at the front.

According to information on another website, it was used for a UP Family Day excursion to the Illinois Railway Museum (adjacent to a UP branch line in Union.)

According to information on another website, it was used for a UP Family Day excursion to the Illinois Railway Museum (adjacent to a UP branch line in Union.)
Ah, OK. Thanks! I sure wish Amtrak's windows were that clean!

Last edited by a moderator:
Were Amtrak windows ever cleaner in the past than they are now? When I was on the California Zephyr I never saw them attempt to clean any of the windows while en route. I thought they might try to clean the sightseer lounge car windows in Denver but nothing happened. I've already seen plastic windows appearing in some Amtrak cars, at least if you can believe the markings stamped into the windows themselves, which could mean that how clean the windows are may not matter all that much in the future.

Were Amtrak windows ever cleaner in the past than they are now? When I was on the California Zephyr I never saw them attempt to clean any of the windows while en route. I thought they might try to clean the sightseer lounge car windows in Denver but nothing happened. I've already seen plastic windows appearing in some Amtrak cars, at least if you can believe the markings stamped into the windows themselves, which could mean that how clean the windows are may not matter all that much in the future.
Well the two times we took the CZ, the last time about five years back, while stopped at Denver there was a crew cleaning the windows.

UP Executive Train spotted moving through Sacramento onto former SP Central Valley line. Full compliment, one locomotive three baggage/power/parts cars. Two Domes, Two sleepers, Blunt/Glass end inspection car bringing up rear.

Final destination unknown. November 15, 2013.

Back