Union Pacific 150 Years

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A pipe-dream for sure, but maybe as an anniversary 'gift' to the traveling public, UP will re-introduce passenger travel! Bring back some of the old names, place an order for a new fleet of rolling stock to complement the Heritage cars they still retain!

Impossible, yes. But something to smile about while sitting on a siding waiting for a UP stack train to pass while aboard the California Zephyr... :p

A pipe-dream for sure, but maybe as an anniversary 'gift' to the traveling public, UP will re-introduce passenger travel! Bring back some of the old names, place an order for a new fleet of rolling stock to complement the Heritage cars they still retain!

Impossible, yes. But something to smile about while sitting on a siding waiting for a UP stack train to pass while aboard the California Zephyr... :p
If passenger trains return to glory they had in the past when UP ran them then I could see that pipe-dream possibly becoming a reality. But until that happens it's fun to dream. :rolleyes:

If passenger trains return to glory they had in the past when UP ran them then I could see that pipe-dream possibly becoming a reality. But until that happens it's fun to dream. :rolleyes:
What are you guys smoking? This is the Union Pacific we're talking about! A great transportation company, but one that wants nothing to do with passenger service.

What are you guys smoking? This is the Union Pacific we're talking about! A great transportation company, but one that wants nothing to do with passenger service.
If passenger trains ever do become a money maker again you can bet the Union Pacific would jump on it. But it's like I said. It's fun to dream.

image015.jpg

wdjbup.jpg

Back