Traveling from Fort Worth to Los Angeles

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Temple station is gorgeous, its a shame the main waiting room is only used for functions. If the train is early or on time, you may have 10 minutes to run and take a peak. If late, stay on the train.

Admission to the nice railroad museum is free for ticketed Amtrak passengers. Did that a couple of times when I had time while waiting for 421.

True, but Contributions are appreciated since this is a Non-profit, Volunteer run Museum.

Be sure and shop in their store also, they have lots of Cool Railroad associated stuff on offer!:cool:

Thanks to you 3, for mentioning the Temple, TX station has a museum within that building. It looks like a visit inside here would only be doable IF train #22/422 was on time, and that train #21/421 arrives too late for one to take a quick peek inside this museum. Good to know this info, for whenever someday I may take northbound train #22/422 through Temple.

I wouldn't try the museum on a "regular" station stop. The times I visited I was originating in Temple and had plenty of time to explore.
BTW, the station agent, Charity, is really nice - we need more like her. I sent a kudos to Amtrak about her regarding being so helpful and cheerful.

I wouldn't try the museum on a "regular" station stop. The times I visited I was originating in Temple and had plenty of time to explore.
BTW, the station agent, Charity, is really nice - we need more like her. I sent a kudos to Amtrak about her regarding being so helpful and cheerful.
Charity has been promoted ( her office is still in the Station) and there is a New Agent who's really friendly and helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back