Transferring trains quickly at Union - Wash DC

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No sightseer lounge on this Viewliner. I guess those are only on Superliners? There is a lounge car though, just not with the chairs that face the windows.

No sightseer lounge on this Viewliner. I guess those are only on Superliners? There is a lounge car though, just not with the chairs that face the windows.
Yeah, Sightseer Lounges are a Superliner thing. You got to “enjoy” the wonderful Amfleet II Lounge AmCave.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, the East Coast trains, except the Cap Ltd do not have a lounge with big windows and comfortable seating to view what is passing by. Instead you have narrow windows in a tube.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dinner was enjoyable last night (sat across from a couple from England). I had the surf n turf with a half bottle and the pecan tart. Was the lasf one in the dining car (didnt get seated until 8:20). Read for a bit then turned in. Been up since about 3:15 watching stations go by. Thankfully the train is running perfectly on time (so far) so my connection at Union Station is looking like it will be easy to make.

Fairly certain that this train has one of the brand new dining cars. Glass dividers sit above the benches between booths. And the walls are paneled with a wood veneer and the Art Deco light fixtures overhead are nicely designed.

Fairly certain that this train has one of the brand new dining cars. Glass dividers sit above the benches between booths. And the walls are paneled with a wood veneer and the Art Deco light fixtures overhead are nicely designed.
That's a new diner. Another tell-tale sign is the 2nd row of windows

Definitely is a new diner, since: a) That's definitely what they look like, and b) There aren't any old diners left.

I can get from thirty track to the commissary in under ten minutes. And the commissary is out past track eight. With a fully loaded cart of ice. So yes it should be doable as long as 98 is on time. Don't linger, walk with purpose and you'll be fine. Thirty is the furthest away from the building

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back