Train Pictures

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice pictures! When I found that EB pic from Railpictures a long time ago, I immediately saved that to my computer, it's one of my favourite pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the link...these are amazing!

The picture of the Rio Grande EMD F9 #5771 is intersting:) I saw this locomotive at a RR museum in Colorado - and is the loco shown in my avatar pic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am relatively new to passenger/freight trains and wish I knew more about them but I thought they were captured rather well by the photographers.

NAVYBLUE

When I see the top picture I keep thinking it's fake that's how good of a photo it is.
It is possible to see the EXiF info for that first picture. It says it was taken with a Nikon D200 on 2/6/2007, f7.1 and a 16.0 mm lens setting. So, not a painting.

Those are gorgeous. I'm using them as a slideshow for my desktop right now. Thank you for the link. :)

You're welcome. Like another poster, I kind of thought some where paintings, but then chalked it up to those people take way better photos than I do. I have been watching Peter Lik on the Weather Channel to see if I can pick up some pointers from him. I mostly take photos with my Olympus E510 using the automatic settings. I am going to read the manual and start taking pictures with a tripod and use manual settings.

NAVYBLUE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back