Train 22 7/6: wha' happen?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fillyjonk

OBS Chief
Train 22 lost almost 4 hours between McGregor and Cleburne and is now over 5 hours late getting into St. Louis.

I get the "flooding in Arkansas" problem but what stopped it before Cleburne, anyone know?

I take the 22 in a couple of weeks and have begun getting nervous about its OTP. I have a bit of a drive to get to my station, so it would stink to hear "it's on time" when I left home and, about 3 hours later when I get to my station, find out, "Whoops, won't be here for more than three hours after its scheduled time."

Is this a one-off thing, like waiting for a freight derailment to get cleared, or is this a trackwork thing that's just going to go on and on?

I am on it now, we're about an hour out of STL. Freight train broke down in front of 22 outside of Cleburne, delaying it for 3.5 hours. Just been getting later and later since. Stopped a few times last night to "reset the computer" as power kept going out, but that seems to be fixed now. And on top of all of it, the sleeper toilets are clogged/backed up, had sewage all over the floor in the hall this morning....not been a great trip....almost no chance of me making my connection to Kalamazoo tonight, and am not going to bus it late into the night, will probably just stay in ChI tonight and catch the 7 something Wolverine tomorrow....

The sleeper toilets are clogged/backed up, had sewage all over the floor in the hall this morning.
To this day I try to book the top floor primarily to avoid walking through untreated sewage whenever a toilet gets backed up. Which seems to happen a lot more than you'd expect.

Oh, ugh. My sympathies. Hopefully they can do something at St. Louis?

Oh sure, they did something in St Louis-sprayed Febreeze....the upper one works now, so they must have done something but the downstairs still has disgusting soaked towels along each door of each bathroom, even if they DO work, they're a health hazard to enter....Unbelievable. I am not usually a letter writer, knowing they don't do much, but this is just gross. I get late. But man, this trip has just been a major disappoint-toilets backed up, diner out of half the menu, lounge car has been a mess all day, trash bins overflowing everywhere you look, filthy windows, and just an overall sense of neglect. .I think this is my last trip for a while. Just not worth the hassle anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that's awful. I'd write a letter, heck, I'd probably ask for at least a partial refund (and probably be given a voucher, sigh) for the cost of my trip.

I hope no one's luggage in the lower level got sewage on it.

Brings to mind one of my favorite songs from college days:

Sorry, I just couldn't resist! ^_^

I never understood why the guy who invented that toilet system wasn't shot as a public service many years ago. Guess that's why I never made the big bucks.

Please post that car's 5-digit roster number. I mean the one painted on the side & end; not the changeable 4-digit line number. Might be good info to have.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back