Train 22 12/14 - Delay at Dallas?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fillyjonk

OBS Chief
Anyone know why 22 has been sitting (apparently) in Dallas for hours and hours? Temporary problem or problem on the line that might affect future travels?

(I'm supposed to board at MIN on Monday...

Oh wow. Well, that's better than what I was imagining. (I even checked to see if the heavy rain had washed anything out - we had some pretty bad rain here in S. OK). But still, would not be cool for someone monitoring online, planning to drive to their station right before it was due, only to see it "stopped" in Dallas and stay home, and wind up missing the train

That's why it is best to call....assuming you can get through to the the outsourced agents  and they know how to find the train.  This is particularly true where you have frequency of service. I can't tell you how many people missed their trains looking at map or train status, only to have a make up section operate.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is currently operating 3'13' down at STL.  It definitely fell silent from DAL-HOP.  Maybe they dropped an engine at DAL and forgot to update it or the GPS fell out of sync.

Back