Train 1092??

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe it was some special?
huh.gif
Usually they only assign special numbers in time change nights, but that is not now.

Wait - I smell something burning, so I must have a thought rolling around in my so-called brain!
laugh.gif
Isn't there some special train that brings kids from Florida to Washington for the weekend for being part of a "Safety Patrol" or something like that?
huh.gif
Could that be it?
huh.gif

Could that 10 be the August date of departure for that particular 92? Does Amtrak identify its trains with such symbols as (8)5 or (9)21? I seem to remember something like this but . . .

Could that 10 be the August date of departure for that particular 92? Does Amtrak identify its trains with such symbols as (8)5 or (9)21? I seem to remember something like this but . . .
The Amtrak service alert notifies everyone that starting 8/7 92 will be running two hours early from Miami to Richmond. This presents the Amtrak reservations system with a dilemma. 92-6 would be departing Savannah at 1.30 a.m. on 8/7, but 92-7 would be departing Savannah at 11.30 p.m., also on 8/7. Their reservations system will not allow two instances of a train at a particular station on a single day, so they gave the first train to run the early schedule a different number - 1092.

Thanks,

John Bobinyec

Amtrak Status Maps

http://www.dixielandsoftware.com/Amtrak/status/StatusMaps

The train identification standard is: Train Number(Origin Date). So, in this case, train 1092(7) replaces 92(7).

So I got an email today saying that the 157 was on the 1092 today, and this thread helped with identifying the train. The only thing is that the email said that the train was in rock hill, SC. The only active line through there is NS’s R line, which only sees the OCS twice a year along with the usual frieght. Is the 1092 detouring on the R line from Columbia to Charlotte?

The Silver Star is running as 1092 from Sunday through Wed because it is leaving 4 hours late due to CSX trackwork ... it returns to normal schedule and train number 92 for the weekend.

This was previously discussed in this thread

The Silver Star is running as 1092 from Sunday through Wed because it is leaving 4 hours late due to CSX trackwork ... it returns to normal schedule and train number 92 for the weekend.

This was previously discussed in this thread
So is it detouring over a different track or just running on a different schedule?

The service alert did not say ... and I have not ridden it to find out

I will be riding the Star in about a month - but I will be riding on the weekend(s) so it will be a normal 92 train

I reported it as Spring Valley, SC which is in Northeast Columbia. Now my phone for some reason thinks I’m in rock hill when I’m on that app. Despite literally being seventy miles away from Rock Hill.

Back