Train #1000

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swc34

Train Attendant
While awaiting at 30th street station to board the Pennsylvanian, I noticed on the departure board a train #1000 “test route” bound for Abescon, NJ. Did I miss a possible expansion of regional service to the Atlantic City area?IMG_4181.JPG

Strange that they would post a “test train” on the board...
Did you see what it was, or ask an employee about it?
Did it look like passengers were waiting to board it?

They still need to test their trains to make sure they work ... and if that track has the PTC installed and the room for such a test, they may use it for the test. They can't really test it on an active track with heavy traffic. They also could not call it a NJT train if it was an Amtrak engine.

Of course, I am just guessing here ... who knows, maybe it was just someone playing with the board

They still need to test their trains to make sure they work ... and if that track has the PTC installed and the room for such a test, they may use it for the test. They can't really test it on an active track with heavy traffic. They also could not call it a NJT train if it was an Amtrak engine.

Of course, I am just guessing here ... who knows, maybe it was just someone playing with the board

Amtrak engines pull MARC cars and they don’t call those Amtrak trains.

Back