Today's CZ in Burlington, IA

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GregL

Service Attendant
I have BNSF railroad frequency in my scanner at home. Today I heard the dispatcher say two times that he had two Amtrak trains running together through Burlington. It was about the time the east bound train goes through. I checked the on time performance of both the CZ and the SWC for today and yesterday, and both seem to be running close to normal. Sometimes the SWC runs on the same line as the CZ, due to derailments or what ever.

Normally I would go to the station and wait, but I didn't have time today.

Anyone know anything about this?

GregL

I have BNSF railroad frequency in my scanner at home. Today I heard the dispatcher say two times that he had two Amtrak trains running together through Burlington. It was about the time the east bound train goes through. I checked the on time performance of both the CZ and the SWC for today and yesterday, and both seem to be running close to normal. Sometimes the SWC runs on the same line as the CZ, due to derailments or what ever.Normally I would go to the station and wait, but I didn't have time today.

GregL
That was the Disney/Amtrak train that has a traveling exhibit about the new Christmas Carol movie coming out soon. It was traveling from Omaha to Michigan and was following the CZ to Chicago. The dispatcher referred to it as Amtrak because it is led by two Amtrak engines. Lots of cool pics online of this train, google Disney A Christmas Carol Train

I have BNSF railroad frequency in my scanner at home. Today I heard the dispatcher say two times that he had two Amtrak trains running together through Burlington. It was about the time the east bound train goes through. I checked the on time performance of both the CZ and the SWC for today and yesterday, and both seem to be running close to normal. Sometimes the SWC runs on the same line as the CZ, due to derailments or what ever.Normally I would go to the station and wait, but I didn't have time today.

GregL
That was the Disney/Amtrak train that has a traveling exhibit about the new Christmas Carol movie coming out soon. It was traveling from Omaha to Michigan and was following the CZ to Chicago. The dispatcher referred to it as Amtrak because it is led by two Amtrak engines. Lots of cool pics online of this train, google Disney A Christmas Carol Train
Darn, I wish I would have known that, I'd made time!

GregL

disney-christmas-carol-train-tour-st-louis.jpg

schannuth_christmas_carol_train_disney_04.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

GregL
Yup, That's it...this special train was wating out on the BNSF mainline just before the turn that leads towards CUS. I got a very good view of it as my Metra train squealed around the curve. Pretty cool! ;)

I saw the train tour when it was in Chicago earlier this summer... but also saw the wrapped engine (#157) sitting in the Chicago yards on either Monday or Tuesday. It was uncoupled from the rest of the train set (which I didn't even see anywhere in the yards!!!) and sitting over by the locomotive wash building.

Maybe they were taking it for a wash before it heads east??

Will the loco be repainted immediately when the train tour ends, or will they repaint it when it's time for its regularly scheduled new paint job?

Will the loco be repainted immediately when the train tour ends, or will they repaint it when it's time for its regularly scheduled new paint job?
They'll send it right back into the shop. Disney has no doubt paid for putting the design on and taking it off...

You know Amtrak is not sending that thing around the country... at least in regular service.

now hopefully amtrak didn't make the same mistake via rail made when they wrapped there engines in spiderman paint. they used the wrong glue and when the tried to remove it it started to pull the original paint off which is why you see via rail engines still in spiderman 2 paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back