The Winter Promo from AGR - Go Free

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanB

Engineer
Honored Member
AGR Insider said:
Hi everyone -- we're excited to announce the Amtrak Guest Rewards "Go Free" promotion on our Acela, Northeast Regional, Cascades, and Hiawatha services this winter.

* Take three qualifying roundtrips on Acela from January 6 through March 1, 2014, and you'll get one free roundtrip for travel July 1 through August 31, 2014.

* Take two qualifying roundtrips on Northeast Regional from January 6 through March 1, 2014, and you'll get one free roundtrip for travel July 1 through August 31, 2014.

* Take two qualifying roundtrips on Cascades from January 6 through March 1, 2014, and you'll get one free roundtrip for travel March 2 through April 30, 2014.

* Take two qualifying roundtrips on Hiawatha from January 6 through March 1, 2014, and you'll get one free roundtrip for travel March 2 through May 31, 2014.

Starting on Monday, visit AmtrakGuestRewards.com to register. Registration required. Terms and conditions apply.

Anthony Rizos

Program Manager

Amtrak Guest Rewards

Washington, D.C.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not Listed: The Michigan and Illinois Trains/,The River Runner and The Heartland Flyer! I tell ya' Folks in Flyover Country Don't Get No Respect! :help:

Last edited by a moderator:
This sounds like a promo oriented more towards commuters or very frequent travelers on those routes.
Probably not commuters, as multi-ride tickets/passes generally don't qualify as a "qualifying round-trip." But the short-ish time

also means that most leisure travelers also wouldn't qualify. So these are aimed at the once-or-twice a month traveler, perhaps

in an effort to reel them in a bit more often. Doesn't work for me, but seems like a sensible promo nonetheless.

Not Listed: The Michigan and Illinois Trains/,The River Runner and The Heartland Flyer! I tell ya' Folks in Flyover Country Don't Get No Respect! :help:
I've noticed this before, although they will offer ticket specials such as 20-30% off at times. Then again the Wolverines are always sold out these days. Maybe the promotion is geared towards routes where they need to attract more ticket sales.

Back