The new VIA “Canadian” $10 Dollar Bill is out.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NS VIA Fan

Conductor
Last edited by a moderator:
I was in Canada two weeks ago (a quick City trip up to Montreal) and even asked in a shop as I was getting change if they had the new $10 notes yet, (they obviously didn't yet).

Honoring "The Canadian", eh? I suppose you're allowed to spend it twice a week? Possibly three times a week in the summer?

Honoring "The Canadian", eh? I suppose you're allowed to spend it twice a week? Possibly three times a week in the summer?
^_^ Good one!

Our money is so boring compared to everyone else's. :(
True, but it's still the "Worlds Currency" and Everyone Wants it! ;) (Little known that this Country Prints and Coins Lots of the Worlds Currencies!)

we got a couple new $10 bills in cranbrook, bc. visiting, among other things, the canadian museum of rail travel in cranbrook. highly recommended. now that the train is on the bill they can't get rid of the train can they? i read somewhere that via renumbered the loco which appears on the new bill. in case it was in an accident they wouldn't want it enshrined on the new money

I'm in Vancouver, BC, this weekend, and managed to get one of the new bills in the fourth bank I went to. All of the tellers said that I would get whatever the machine gave them...but the fourth one offered to try. I guess I was looking pretty dejected by then.

I'm in Vancouver, BC, this weekend, and managed to get one of the new bills in the fourth bank I went to. All of the tellers said that I would get whatever the machine gave them...but the fourth one offered to try. I guess I was looking pretty dejected by then.
Charlie: They have Money Machines in Canada that Gve you Teners on Request??? :cool: I'm looking up Cheap Flights to SEA and the Cascade Schedule to Vancouver right Now! ^_^

Jim: from what I understand, there's a machine that provides bills for the tellers, and that's what they were referring to. I guess tellers don't keep bills behind the counter any more.

Jim: from what I understand, there's a machine that provides bills for the tellers, and that's what they were referring to. I guess tellers don't keep bills behind the counter any more.
I know Charlie, I was just Teasing Canada and wishing for sure I could hop a Flight to Seattle and ride a Cascade Train to Beautiful Vancouver! In your Case, Makes up for the Lousy Winters ya'll have in the NW for sure! (But if you had Nice winters to go along with the Rest of the year Seattle's Population would probably be Higher than LAs!! ;) )

BTW: Do you still have to stand in Two Lines in Canadian Banks, One for your Paperwork and another to get your Cash like in the Old Days???

we got a couple new $10 bills in cranbrook, bc. visiting, among other things, the canadian museum of rail travel in cranbrook. highly recommended. now that the train is on the bill they can't get rid of the train can they? i read somewhere that via renumbered the loco which appears on the new bill. in case it was in an accident they wouldn't want it enshrined on the new money
Too bad there's no train service to Cranbrook. I hear it is a very scenic area.

Back