Thanksgiving 2016 timetables

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fairviewroad

Engineer
Timetables showing extra service in Michigan (10 extra trains) and Illinois (8 extra trains) are now posted on the Amtrak timetable page. So far, the extra service in both of those states seems to mirror previous Thanksgiving week service. I'm sure additional timetables will be posted in the next few weeks.

I really wish they'd make Wolverine #349 a permanent train.

The NEC seems to be running a typical Thanksgiving schedule this year, with advance sections on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday. Some trains are already sold out.

Sunday features 4 round trips WAS-NYP that are run by commuter train equipment. Judging from schedule times, I'm assuming 2 NJT and 2 MARC sets as in past years. Discounted rates for these commuter extras are a thing of the past; they're selling for $178 just like their Regional counterparts.

Note that the 10xx train numbers are the commuter extras and the 11xx train numbers are Amfleet.

The NEC seems to be running a typical Thanksgiving schedule this year, with advance sections on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday. Some trains are already sold out.

Sunday features 4 round trips WAS-NYP that are run by commuter train equipment. Judging from schedule times, I'm assuming 2 NJT and 2 MARC sets as in past years. Discounted rates for these commuter extras are a thing of the past; they're selling for $178 just like their Regional counterparts.

Note that the 10xx train numbers are the commuter extras and the 11xx train numbers are Amfleet.
Has the NEC Thanksgiving Timetable been published anywhere?

jb

Oregon is running a one-way bus to Eugene, Hope I-5 isn't jammed.
It's part of a slate of PDX-EUG busses running over the Thanksgiving weekend. Many of those are on the regular schedule, some are not. Most of them have an extra 10-15 minutes baked into the timetable to account for traffic problems, which are a near certainty in the Portland area most afternoons.

Please be advised the Hiawatha's are reservedThanksgiving week.

Hiawatha Service: Reservations Required and More Cars Added During the Thanksgiving Holiday Period
Effective November 22 - 27, 2016

To better accommodate the increased number of travelers expected during the busy Thanksgiving holiday period, reservations will be required on all Hiawatha Service trains from Tuesday, November 22 through Sunday, November 27, 2016. In addition, we are adding cars to provide more seating for our customers on these dates.

Reservations are not required for monthly and ten-ride ticket holders.
Holiday Travel RemindersFor reservations, visit Amtrak.com, use our free mobile apps, speak with station personnel or call 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245).
Use eTicketing to avoid ticket counter lines.
Allow ample time to arrive at the station and board the train.
Make sure your baggage is tagged with your name and address.
Amtrak customers must produce valid photo identification when:
Obtaining, exchanging or refunding tickets
Storing baggage at stations
Checking baggage
Onboard trains, in response to a request by an Amtrak employee

Thank you for choosing Amtrak.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's one of those "Amtrak oddities" I'll never quite figure out. They obviously had a schedule set, since the trains were visible and available in the booking section. Not sure why the pamphlet style schedule wasn't available on the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back