Texas Eagle Derails

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what caused the derailment. Fortunately the train is going rather slowly coming off that bridge. It has to make a right turn then the station is just after the bridge. There is a switch at the end of the bridge, I wonder if that wasn't set right.

I'm thinking about a short round trip on the TE today but I wouldn't be going through Dallas.

One of the pictures shows two engines. The Texas Eagle usually has just one. Anyone know why?

I think I actually recorded that train when it was on its way out of Austin. Bummer for the passengers.

I'm just talking with the crew that was on it. Happened about 3:30 just around the corner from the Dallas station. They had to take the sleeper out of service and put it on a siding, (which I just passed by as I'm typing this!) Passengers were mad because some had to be put in coach and others in the dorm car. Pic of the sleeper is coming.

I'm just talking with the crew that was on it. Happened about 3:30 just around the corner from the Dallas station. They had to take the sleeper out of service and put it on a siding, (which I just passed by as I'm typing this!) Passengers were mad because some had to be put in coach and others in the dorm car. Pic of the sleeper is coming.

How long do you think it will be out of service for? Though I imagine Amtrak has a spare they can move around for such occasions.

When Amtrak equipment hit the ground, the wheel are replaced, and inspection done to the truck, and checks for any damage to the body. The equipment might be back in service very fast, or might sit for weeks. Depends on the damage, if it just split the rails going thur an tight curve, or pick the switch. It be back very soon, otherwise it going to be an open question to when it or if it returns to service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back