Texas eagle 422

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Breakfast was good. Crew a mixed bag. To their credit they opened on time and were efficient. We were sitting at a 4 seater table that had a curving edge that moved further away from the person sitting in the ailse seat. The person sitting next to me was eating away, and about half way through his meal his plate slipped off the edge of the table. And the rest if his breakfast ended up on the floor. He was totally embarrassed because he had spilled his food and made a mess.

He waved to one of the servers to let her know what happened. She waved back. Then took her time coming. She asked what happened. A lady sitting at the table jokingly stated that the guys food was cold and he had spilled it in order to get another meal. The waitress was annoyed, and I think she kind of believed the remark. She said, " and you left a mess for me to pick up. You didn't pick it up." we thought she was joking but the guy never got another meal. Not really sure who is right or wrong here, but lunch will be awkward. We didn't leave a tip.

Have you got one of the "new" CCCs with the 4 top tables replacing the original cocktail lounge layout? That is an improvement but those curved edges still makes for a cramped table when 4 are in the seats. And many of the Crew still don't like the updated version.

:hi: Enjoying the reports here in Phoenix East (aka Austin!)! Hope the AC is working as yall roll North, :cool: its gonna be another Hotter n Hell Day in Texas!! :help: Im sure youll enjoy the extra Train time on the STL-CHI reroute, hope you dont get caught in the freight mess and Slow Orders due to Heat thats been causing the Eagles trouble in DFW and East Texas! That Waitperson sounds like one of those OBS who needs to go on Unemployment, hope she gets reported by everyone, no excuse for that for sure!

Since Lunch starts at TPL you might not be interested, but the Hot Dog guy outside the FTW station has good dogs and Cold COKES!!! :wub: (Think the Coach crowd will hit the Subway inside the Intermodel if theres time!)

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember the hot dog guy from a trip last year! It's a tempting snack and then maybe a late dinner.

It was one of the all four top cars. I was definitely doing a double take trying to figure out what I was riding on. I did not miss those 3 seaters that are usually Palmed off on single travelers. The curved edges are a design flaw. Even I had to reach for my food and I was by the window.

The AC is struggling to keep up with the heat. I keep the curtains closed to keep the sun out. It will be better once the sun stops shining into my side of the train. I dont think much can be done to make it better.

The railfan window has been the high light of the day.

I almost always find room to squeeze in a Brat hot off the grill from the FTW Hot Dog guy, even if I just ate or know I will be eating in the next short while. It is a nice change of pace from Subway and a $5 bill will bring you a dog, chips, drink and change, at least it did last time I ate there.

The railfan window has been the high light of the day.
You will lose it at STL when they add the Local Coach, and that's just before you cross the Mississippi on the classic MacArthur Bridge. But go ahead and head to the back of the Coach as soon as you leave STL and enjoy the crossing. Hopefully the area in front of the window won't be piled with stuff or kids.

They might not run that coach because 321 is usually cancelled when there is a detour.

The doors were closed, and the train is ready to depart. We have two sca's. One is a trainee. Both are great. They make up for the one from LA. Lonnie the veteran sca is very professional. He heard about the diner Incident from the passenger who spilled. He was very supportive of the passenger. Probably caused him to be a return customer. The trainee was very nice. Did not scold me for being in the way at the railfan window. Both will get tips.

To clarify, we are now backing out of fort worth. Now we will run the gauntlet between ft worth and marshal where the eagles have been losing about 3 hours every day.

Herr is the consist for 22

137 engine

39026 sleeper

37000 ccc diner all four tops

33040 lounge

31004 coach

34093 coach

34098 coach from lax

32058 sleeper from lax

Well we backed up pass the junction and stopped. Have the scanner on. There has been constant chatter. I heard "highball" Amtrak". However no movement. 21 is also in the area. So maybe the dispatcher was talking to them.

Killed a few minutes reading NFL news and then watching ochocinco getting knocked senseless on YouTube.

Sitting in the lounge car as the train comes to a stop at mesquite. Two women, one white, one black are lamenting the qualities of California men. One states that everything is big in Texas. Enough said. But it was a funny juxtaposition as in monitoring are progress through mesquite.

The dispatcher just explained that there are signal problems at mesquite. There are also 2 freights to get around.
If you're sitting on the turn coming off the overpass over I-35, that is the same place my 21 got hung up for over an hour a couple weeks ago. But I took it in stride as that gave me more time to relax and start planning my next big run :) CCC 37000 is the original CCC if I recall right. If they have Chicken Breasts and Biscuits with Gravy in the morning, give that a try-it is both good and filling.

This Diner crew is the absolute worst. They don't even speak. The food is ok. Now I've had a good attitude but after dinner, I complained to Lonnie our sca who happened to be in the diner. I told him it's so bad that I don't even want to eat in the diner for breakfast and lunch. This is a first for me. I am going to complain. I Dont want compensation, I just want the losers gone.

Ok, I've cooled off a bit. Lonnie did speak with them. And one of them tried to do better. After some analyses, and some info from Lonnie I determined that the lsa's authority was being challenged by the other employee. Both are women, and their battle is now affecting the customers. After I spoke up, other passengers spoke up too. I think they got the message.

1 hour 45 late out of minneola. Lots of slow running since Dallas. Passed the freight derailment from a couple of weeks back. Just finished a shower which should mitigate the affects of the heat challenged AC.

Ok, I've cooled off a bit. Lonnie did speak with them. And one of them tried to do better. After some analyses, and some info from Lonnie I determined that the lsa's authority was being challenged by the other employee. Both are women, and their battle is now affecting the customers. After I spoke up, other passengers spoke up too. I think they got the message.
CAT FIGHT! CAT FIGHT! :lol: :eek: :p

Sounds like you are batting 50% when it comes to OBS! Lonnie is one of the Good Ones! Think I know who the LSA/Wait Persons are, I ride this Train alot and ________, the waitperson, tends to be sulk and think they can do a better job than ______, the LSA! Ive reported this before,, hope others will too, pretty sure you will! Most of the Food Service Crews on the Eagles (and for that matter all the OBS crews) are pretty cool folks! :cool: The Conductors in Texas are usually pretty good also, but it drops off when you get into Arkansas and Missouri!!!

The Freight Congestion and Slow Orders due to Heat are really killing the OTP of the Eagles and the Sunsets! :help: I know you dont mind Late running into CHI, just hope the AC works better in the Hills of Arkansas/Missouri and the Corn Fields of Illinois, and the Diner Crew gets their stuff together! :excl: :excl: :excl:

It was two African american ladies, and the wait person had red hair. To her credit, the lsa improved after I complained to Lonnie. I don't think they are aware of what they're doing to the passengers. I'm not going to let this ruin my trip.

We left Longview 2:30 late. There is some padding at Marshall. I'm thinking 2 hours late our of Marsha.

It was two African american ladies, and the wait person had red hair. To her credit, the lsa improved after I complained to Lonnie. I don't think they are aware of what they're doing to the passengers. I'm not going to let this ruin my trip.

We left Longview 2:30 late. There is some padding at Marshall. I'm thinking 2 hours late our of Marsha.
Yep, thats the Drama Queens in the Diner! :rolleyes: Should be cooling off a little in the Piney Woods with the Sun going down! :unsure: Marshall is a crew change stop with two spots, but you can;t get off the Train! Usually when the Train is Late, the stop in Texarkana is very brief, wont have much time to smoke/stretch etc. till LRK @ O'Dark Thirty!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back